Data Center World 2024
Upskilling Operations: Putting People First
Matthew Eagen (Data Center Operations, Team Leader, Bloomberg)
Cy Sinclair (Data Center Operations, Team Leader, Bloomberg)
Location: Room 207A
Date: Tuesday, April 16
Time: 3:00 pm - 3:50 pm
Pass Type: AFCOM Solution Provider, All Access Conference, Industry Conference, Standard Conference - Get your pass now!
Track: Design, Build, Operate, Control
Session Type: Conference Session
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: All Audiences
This session will be about the importance of developing a standardized training program for data center operations. The benefits for individual contributors are many, according to the job site, Indeed.com. Training is used to improve technical knowledge and interpersonal skills, and additionally, to show employees that they are valued.
We will discuss how we started, what we learned, and where we are heading. This session will also talk about some of the challenges we encountered along the way and the impact the training program has had on our employees. Audience questions and participation will be encouraged.
- What does the training program look like for your operations department?
- The importance of investing in your people
- Advice to build and/or mature a standardized training program
- Provide tactical solutions for the obstacles faced during building a training program
- Learn from experience on what worked and what did not