Data Center World 2024
Pre-Conference Training: Certified Data Center Professional Course
Location: Room 201
Date: Monday, April 15
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Pass Type: Pre-Conference Training - Get your pass now!
Session Type: Pre-Conference Training
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: All Audiences
The CDCP® (Certified Data Center Professional) is a 2-day course is designed to expose participants to the key components of the data center.
CDCP training will address how to setup and improve key aspects such as power, cooling, security, cabling, safety etc. to ensure a high-available data center. CDCP training will also address key operations and maintenance aspects.
Attendees passing the exam will be awarded the internationally accredited and recognized 'Certified Data Center Professional' (CDCP) certificate. The certification exam will be taken at the end of Day 2 of the training course – and be graded immediately. Assuming students meet the pass criteria, there is no post-training activity required.
CDCP is globally accredited by EXIN, a fully independent exam and certification institute.
After completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Choose an optimum site for mission-critical data center based on current and future needs
- Describe all components that are important for high availability in a data center and how to effectively setup the data center
- Name and apply the various industry standards
- Describe the various technologies for UPS, fire suppression, cooling, monitoring systems, cabling standards, etc, and to select and apply them effectively to cost-efficiently enhance the high availability of the data center.
- Review the electrical distribution system to avoid costly downtime
- Enhance cooling capabilities and efficiency in the data center by using existing and new techniques and technologies for the increased cooling requirements of the future
- Design a highly reliable and scalable network architecture and learn how to ensure installers apply proper testing techniques
- Setup effective data center monitoring ensuring the right people get the right message
- Ensure proper security measures, both procedural and technical, are established to safeguard your company's valuable information in the data center
- Select equipment racks and components suitable for ICT equipment and its cooling requirements
Select the correct light levels for the various areas of the data center.
- Select appropriate fire safety/protection controls to detect and suppress potential fire