Conference Schedule Available!
Data Center World 2023
Data Center World delivers expert strategy and insight on the technologies and concepts you need to know to plan, manage, and optimize your data center. Data Center World educational conference programming is focused on the rapidly advancing data center technologies. Click on session titles for full session descriptions. All times noted are in CST (Austin, Texas time zone).
The Future of Data Center Operations: Management System and Maturity Level approach
Joseba Calvo (Manager, EPI)
Jacques Fluet (Director, Data Center Program, TIA (Telecommunications Industry Association))
Location: Room 9BC
Date: Wednesday, May 10
Time: 3:40 pm - 4:30 pm
Pass Type: Industry Conference, Standard, AFCOM Vendor Member, All Access- BUILD, All Access- Omdia, All Access- Workshop
Session Type: Session
Vault Recording: TBD
Recent studies show that more than 70% (up to 85%) of downtime in data centers is caused by human error. When we speak to data center managers all over the world, all too often we hear the same line: “My data center has no issues, as we have all the processes and procedures in place;i.e. the usual MOPs, SOPs, etc.”
If that was really the case, then why are so many data centers still experiencing downtime with most of them being caused by human error? How is this possible when more and more data centers are or are getting certified for different ISO, SOC2, HIPAA, and other standards?
In this session, we’ll finally reveal the unique Management System for Data Center Operations (DCOS), which covers all the aspects and disciplines of the data center, as well as how to measure (based on maturity level) how good the processes,procedures, MOPs, SOPs, and checklists are in a Data Center. This session will also include several real data center case studies.
- All attendees the session will receive a copy of the Management System for Data Center Operations DCOS standard.
- You will have finally a clear baseline for Data Center Operations.
- Knowledge on how to measure how the process, procedures and checklist are in a Data Center by applying the Maturity Level principle based on ISO/CMMI
- What is next on Data Center Operations for your Data Center or customers.
- Get a free copy of the Standard for Data center Operations Management System