Conference Schedule Available!
Data Center World 2023
Data Center World delivers expert strategy and insight on the technologies and concepts you need to know to plan, manage, and optimize your data center. Data Center World educational conference programming is focused on the rapidly advancing data center technologies. Click on session titles for full session descriptions. All times noted are in CST (Austin, Texas time zone).
Right-Sizing the Edge for What You Really Need
Mike Andrea (CEO, Oper8 Global)
Location: Room 10AB
Date: Wednesday, May 10
Time: 3:40 pm - 4:30 pm
Pass Type: Industry Conference, Standard, AFCOM Vendor Member, All Access- BUILD, All Access- Omdia, All Access- Workshop
Track: Colocation, Hyperscale and Cloud Innovation
Session Type: Session
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: All
There might be millions of companies using the cloud, but there are millions of locations with no cloud infrastructure. Welcome to the Edge.
As organizations consider edge, on-premise and prefabricated modular data center solutions for their business after years of focusing on cloud migration and services, it's time to reconsider operational, physical and data security, management and maintenance aspects of refocusing data center capacity across your business.
• Understand your edge strategy —is it production ready or a gateway to the cloud?
• Meshed topology might be a consideration, but is it really available?
• Why edge should be part of your energy security strategy
• How resilience can be delivered through prefabricated modular solutions
• Data center management didn't go away — which options should you consider?
• Security is more than locked doors — what else must be considered?