Save the date for Data Center World 2023: May 8-11, 2023.
Data Center World 2022
Reimagining Data Center Talent — Finding Tomorrow's Leaders Today
Date: Tuesday, March 29
Time: 1:00 pm - 1:50 pm
Pass type: All Access, Industry Conference, Standard - Get your pass now!
Track: Data Center Essentials
Session Type: Session
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: All
In this time of exponential data growth, digital transformation, and evolving workplace norms, how can data center owners and operators address the industry's growing staffing challenges — how can they identify, nurture and retain the right raw talent to propel the industry forward? With 25+ years of leadership experience in the critical infrastructure and tech space, Phillip Koblence and Nabeel Mahmood, co-founders of Nomad Futurist, offer unique perspectives, actionable insights, and inspiring case studies that reflect an outside-of-the box approach to staffing that ensures that the excitement, holistic experience, and passion that went into creating the industry can be transferred to the next generation of data center leaders. A cross-section of HR, operational and employee viewpoints will be shared. A key focus will be on what can be collectively done to ensure the future of our industry, including:
• Create building blocks to ensure that our youth is aware that the industry exists
• Avoid a risk-averse approach to staffing. Be open to "diamonds in the rough"
• Refrain from role compartmentalization to encourage broad exposure to the industry
• Shift from traditional KPIs to a more strategic approach that takes into account impact to company culture and customer experience
• Support an employee's interests and career trajectory
Attendees will learn:
• New approaches to addressing data center staffing issues
• How to select the right candidates —which "soft skills" align with success
• How to make sure new employees thrive — creating a culture that leads to an environment where new generations can learn, flourish, adapt to ever-changing technologies, and help shape the future
• About the Nomad Futurist Foundation and its mission to demystify the world of critical infrastructure and help bridge the digital divide through educational initiatives tailored towards children in underprivileged communities globally