Save the date for Data Center World 2023: May 8-11, 2023.
Data Center World 2022
How software defined storage is revolutionizing data centers
Dennis Hahn (Storage Analyst, Informa / Omdia)
Date: Tuesday, March 29
Time: 10:00 am - 10:50 am
Pass type: All Access, Industry Conference, Standard - Get your pass now!
Track: Emerging Data Center Technologies
Session Type: Session
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: Intermediate
Technology transition is underway in the data centers towards everything being software defined. Over the past several years there has been a clear shift towards software defined storage (SDS) to gain cost and operational efficiencies to deal with the world's ever expanding data growth.
Cloud hyperscalers are known for their SDS leadership, but enterprises are increasing adopting SDS on-premises by mimicking these cloud deployments. In this software defined world, physical storage equipment has already changed considerably, and we expect this change to accelerate as the IT world moves towards composable infrastructures.
During this session we will discuss what's driving the broad trends towards software defined everything and especially software defined storage. Details on the latest solutions from the enterprise storage vendors will be discussed. Insights on how the adoption of SDS will continue to escalate to meet the demands of our increasingly data centric world.
1. Understanding of why the software defined trend is taking hold in on-premises data centers.
2. Gaining insight into the details on the progress software defined storage is making and how storage equipment is changing
3. Research will be provided to gain an understanding of SDS market size and forecast growth through 2025
1. Those seeking to understand why software defined storage is catching on in data centers
2. Equipment administrators and operators who what to understand what types of storage equipment will to be required in the future
3. DC planners who need to understand the shift in storage infrastructure and gain understanding of how SDS will be adopted by the enterprise