Data Center World 2023
Data Center World delivers expert strategy and insight on the technologies and concepts you need to know to plan, manage, and optimize your data center. Data Center World educational conference programming is focused on the rapidly advancing data center technologies. Click on session titles for full session descriptions. All times noted are in CST (Austin, Texas time zone).
Data Center World: New Blended Physical/Cyber Threats From the Explosion of RF and IoT Devices.
Brett Walkenhorst (CTO, Bastille Networks)
Location: Room 5ABC
Date: Tuesday, May 9
Time: 2:00 pm - 2:50 pm
Pass Type: All Access, Industry Conference, Standard, AFCOM Vendor Member
Track: Sustainability & Mission Critical Facilities Management
Session Type: Session
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: All
A post-pandemic “new normal” workplace has unfortunately also contributed to new threats and new threat surfaces for data center operators. The huge increase in personal RF devices and workplace IoT devices (and yes, some nefarious ones too) has combined with traditional physical security concerns into blended threats for high value corporate targets. And data centers are definitely one of them! Cell phones, personal medical devices, industrial IoT devices, and others can impact both data security and operations. Dr. Walkenhorst will discuss these new threats and share recommendations on how to protect your organization from RF device-driven threats.
- Why organizations need to reassess their security protocols now
- Top blended security risks for enterprise & colocation data centers and cloud infrastructure
- Understanding that physical security & cyber security must be equally considered
- New threats identified and how they can impact the data center
- Enhancing security in a data center or cloud infrastructure center