Conference Schedule Available!
Data Center World 2023
Data Center World delivers expert strategy and insight on the technologies and concepts you need to know to plan, manage, and optimize your data center. Data Center World educational conference programming is focused on the rapidly advancing data center technologies. Click on session titles for full session descriptions. All times noted are in CST (Austin, Texas time zone).
Colo + Cloud Solutions to Supply-Chain Challenges
Kirk Killian (President, Partners National Mission Critical Facilities)
Location: Room 8ABC
Date: Wednesday, May 10
Time: 10:00 am - 10:50 am
Pass Type: Industry Conference, Standard, AFCOM Vendor Member, All Access- BUILD, All Access- Omdia, All Access- Workshop
Track: Colocation, Hyperscale and Cloud Innovation
Session Type: Session
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: All
Data center users are facing supply chain challenges, including hardware availability, data center capacity availability, critical systems equipment deliveries, and skilled staffing shortages long after the onset of COVID.
Some on-premises expansion and upgrade projects have stalled due to unavailability of critical systems components, while many new deployments have faced costly delays spurred by equipment and facility capacity shortages. Skilled labor shortages have also impacted IT project schedules and budgets.
Colocation data centers and cloud adoption offer numerous potential solutions, but those aren't always easy to implement and take advantage of without prudent advance planning and execution.
This informative, interactive session will present colo and cloud solutions to supply chain challenges, discussing the planning, analysis, approval process, and tasks execution issues using the colocation and cloud delivery models to overcome supply chain obstacles. Topics presented include:
- Advanced planning and scoping to forecast future needs
- Delivery model evaluation (on-prem, colo & cloud) on supply-chain issues
- Process execution to accelerate solutions
- Solutions flexibility
- Cost reduction
This session will also provide a PowerPoint, plus takeaway checklists for data center managers, including tips for getting credit personally for meeting corporate goals. The session will include examples of specific case study examples of these strategies.
Attendees will gain knowledge helping them:
- Forecast future needs to analyze ways colo + cloud can overcome supply-chain bottlenecks.
- Leverage colo + cloud relationships to source necessary equipment and data center capacity.
- Flexibly structure data center capacity and services contracts to meet current needs without long-term overcommitment and budget overages.
- Quantify the data center manager's value to the organization throughout the process.