Save the date for Data Center World 2023: May 8-11, 2023.
Data Center World 2022
Colo + Cloud Pathway Planning
Kirk Killian (President, Partners National Mission Critical Facilities)
Peter Roosakos (Chief Technology Officer, Foghorn Consulting)
Date: Tuesday, March 29
Time: 10:00 am - 10:50 am
Pass type: All Access, Industry Conference, Standard - Get your pass now!
Track: Colocation, Hosting and Cloud Innovation
Session Type: Session
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: All
With many enterprises planning a hybrid colo and cloud deployment to supplement legacy on-premises facilities, data center managers want to learn the key elements of planning their infrastructure transformation to meet corporate IT and professional goals.
This informative, interactive session will present Colo + Cloud Pathway Planning, discussing the planning, analysis, and execution tasks wise data center managers use to meet hybrid infrastructure transformation goals including:
- Forecasting needs (functions, growth, and compliance)
- Pathway identification (on-prem, colo & cloud)
- Process execution
- Telecom, business continuity, and audit/control issues
- Solutions flexibility
- Cost reduction
This session will provide a graphic Powerpoint plus takeaway checklists for data center managers, including tips for getting credit personally for meeting corporate goals. The session will include examples of specific case study examples of these strategies.
Attendees will gain knowledge helping them:
1. Formulate an on-prem, colo and cloud deployment strategy, identifying which applications and data sets are best suited for each infrastructure path.
2. Understand how each deployment pathway contributes (or detracts from) overall IT goals including reliability, telecom networking, compliance, meeting schedules, capturing flexibility, enhancing audit & compliance, and reducing costs.
3. Learn how to wisely select and procure colo capacity to provide maximum flexibility in meeting corporate objectives, within the hybrid options model
4. Quantify the data center manager's value to the organization throughout the process.