Save the date for Data Center World 2023: May 8-11, 2023.
Data Center World 2022
Case Study: Come for the disaster, stay for the recovery
Raymond Parpart (Director Data Center Operations & Strategy, University of Chicago)
Butch Adkins (Data Center Infrastructure & Operations Manager, University of Kentucky)
Date: Tuesday, March 29
Time: 2:00 pm - 2:50 pm
Pass type: All Access, Industry Conference, Standard - Get your pass now!
Track: Sustainability & Mission Critical Facilities Management
Session Type: Session
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: All
Everyone likes to share all the amazing Data Center technologies and success stories. We will talk about those scary items behind the curtain. Real life, catastrophic events that have taken place at some leading institutions of Higher Education will be discussed. The interesting part is mitigation and lessons learned preventing a reoccurrence. We will share often hidden details of such events! So come to hear the story and stay as we share what we have learned!
• *#@$ happens! How do you respond and learn from these events
• Team work is key. How to leverage the amazing talents of your teams, technical staff, and partners
• Mitigation: Did we learn from our efforts? Never let a good crisis go to waste.
- Those who have had that sinking feeling when the phone rings at 2:00 am
- Data Center team members who operate on think budgets and stretched teams
- Anyone who wants to laugh and hopefully take away lessons learned from someone who has worked through catastrophic events.